My deranged world

"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."
Welcome to my lightning bug zoo.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

A lazy Sunday morning, spent with a bengali movie


Sunday morning was kept aside for my works, but I shifted the schedule for afternoon and watched a Bengali movie. I don’t watch Bengali movies (am among those black sheeps who didn’t feel like watching “Bong Connection”). But this movie got a national award for being the best movie, well well but then Arjun Rampal got an award for acting, so………….. Never mind that, even my friends were going gaga over the movie “Antaheen”. So I thought lets watch it.



Lets start with the good things. Its great for eyes and ears. Beautiful visuals, beautiful music, it had some of my favourite chandrabinu numbers. And the ladies looked lovely in the Fabindia dresses( I guess so, am a regular in that shop). And??? And nothing. I am still wondering what was it all about? An investigating journalist and a celebrity police officer date in virtual world without even bothering to know each others name. And they fall in love like that….. One wonders, don’t you learn from your job? Its too risky babe. Lolz. But then there are more, there are couple out of love staying together ( that industrialist, was he a villain or a inconsequential side show? shut up u stupid girl try to understand the new age multilayered relations); there are couples deeply in love staying apart(that was portrayed brilliantly between).But I was left wondering what was it about? Unfulfilled endless relations (antaheen), or corporate land acquisition or media in Kolkata? For gods sake why did the girl has to die? Is that the only way to show a unfulfilled love story? That’s a stale concept that also without a reason. The array of emotional entanglements didn’t quite fit into the story. What irritated me most was the too many product promotions, that also very much on the face. A major part looked like an ad-campaign of a hair oil.
Last but not the least if you like the virtual relation aspect go and watch 'You have got a mail' you would have a much better time.


1 comment:

  1. Ajo ache gopon ferari mon...beje geche kakhon se telephone............watched this movie one year back in FAME South City.....this film has some resemblance with my life....that virtual reality part....but ending is different. I guess Aniruddha (The Director) loves to create such endless ending...(even his first film "Anuronon" has a similar thought)..movie was great, chandrabindoo+shantanu numbers also soothing except the blind propaganda of corporate world mainly STAR, ABP and Reliance. I know thats the new age. But above all its nice to watch........

    ReplyDelete