My deranged world

"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."
Welcome to my lightning bug zoo.

Monday, March 8, 2010

" The more you think about illusions, the more they’ll swell up and take on the form. And no longer be an illusion"


Last night while I was waiting for my “chicken paratha” (yup we get such thing in my campus), to get packed I picked up ‘After the quake’ by Haruki Murakami in the next door bookshop. My earlier tryst with the writer was through ‘Kafka on the shore’. The book was magical, where magical realism, metaphor and allegory went hand in hand. A truly unputdownable book according to me. The book narrates two interrelated but distinct stories. The odd chapters depict Kafka a 15 year old in a quest and the even ones tell us about Nakata, a ‘cat finder’. I thought about “Durbin” time and again while reading it though I don’t know why. I strongly feel it is a must read, a bit on the heavier side, but you won’t regret it. It may be the magical surrealism that this book made me remember, a ‘once upon a time friend’, who suggested it and some idiotic incidents with fondness, which is otherwise pretty unlikely. Last but not the least Mr. Anonymous you should not miss this at any cost. This is absolutely your type of book.


No comments:

Post a Comment